Weighing in at...

168 pounds. Whew.

So, I've been pretty weight obsessed ever since I gave birth. I've never had my weight fluctuate more since I've turned 30 - I guess that's part of the "getting older" thing. Last summer I was down around 150 - which was pretty close to my pre-preggy weight, and that's fine. Right now I'm 18 pounds above where I want to be, and it's pretty evident when I put my clothes on... they're a little snug, particularly in the waist area. Now, it's not quite as bad as it was earlier this year, when I weighed a nice 174 - you could definitely see that in my cheeks (both sets). But here's the thing - I have failed routinely to be able to stick with a diet (as evidenced by my giving up meat). I can't even gross myself out by thinking about chickens being drained of blood.

One other thing is I'm very sedentary. I drive 26 miles to work every day, so I sit in the car for a good 45 minutes, then 8 hours, then another 45 minutes. I get home, I have to check up on my classes, so that's another hour on my ass. Then it's dinner, bathe the kid, put her to bed, and usually I'll read for an hour or so, depending how late it is. So lately, I've been trying to squeeze in 20 minutes of pilates here and there, 10 minutes of hooping when I can, maybe take a walk... but usually I'm just tired. And then I find myself making excuses.

Tomorrow I'm taking a yoga/pilates class that was offered free at my job. It runs for 6 weeks, so I'm going to see how much more exercise I can squeeze in during the next 6 weeks. Think I can lose 18 pounds in that amount of time? I'm at least going to try, and I'll post my updates here.

Go me!

Comments

Popular Posts