Kewl stuff!

My sister and her husband, who are both amazing artists in Asheville, NC, recently started up an etsy store to sell their amazing jewelry and findings. If you dig awesome, handcrafted stuff, check them out. Some of their pieces are expensive, but they are amazing. It really makes me want to go out and buy a kiln, but unfortunately, I'll never be able to afford one.

I miss being creative with my hands. I'm so used to sitting in front of a computer designing stuff that it's become second nature to me. I miss using actual tools, wire, beads, yarn... stuff like that. I wish there was more time in the day.

This weekend we visited our friends Chris and Janae, who live in the Erie area. They have a 10 month old son, so we took Lyric up. I can't remember that girl having more fun in one weekend. She literally told me, "I'm not going home. I'm staying here!" It was lots of fun - but the effects are still hitting me today - I'm exhausted. We went to the Erie Children's museum, the Millcreek Mall, Presque Isle, and the Tom Ridge Environmental Center. All my photos are on Flickr - including one of the leash that I bought for Lyric. Never thought I'd leash my child - but seriously? It's the BEST. THING. EVER. Not even kidding. If you don't understand, it means you've never had a toddler that just likes to RUN in public.

Comments

Popular Posts