Official

I did something yesterday that was a kind of a turning point in my politics... well, not really, since I've always leaned to the left a bit. I've been registered as "no affiliation" on my voting card since I first registered to vote years ago. Yesterday I became a Democrat. It was a turning point only because I officially made a decision, a decision that might not seem that crazy to some, considering I've voted straight Democrat in every election that I've voted in.

I feel like such an adult.

The primary in PA is April 22, and it seems like a long time to wait during this long, grueling race for a Democratic candidate. I plan to vote for Obama - I think this country needs something completely different, and 8 years of Bush, 8 years of Clinton, and another 8 years of another Bush followed by another Clinton isn't something that I want to see. Not that I didn't like Bill Clinton as president, but I don't think Hillary has the charisma that Bill has. Does that make sense? Of course I won't feel it's the end of the world if Hillary makes it, but I don't think she'll gain much ground against John McCain. That's just my opinion.

Anyway, I finally made a decision and chose a side... now I just have to wait and see.

Comments

Popular Posts