Heart to heart

Gawd. What a weekend I've had. It started, like most weekends do, on Friday. My mom called me at work to tell me she had taken my dad to the emergency room. He apparently had a heart attack a few weeks ago after shoveling snow and didn't realize it. Since then, he's been feeling sick. They did some tests and found out that it was his heart. After doing a heart catheterization they found 2 blocked arteries which required double bypass surgery. Good times.

So the surgery was yesterday, and all went well. My dad is in recovery in the ICU, and will probably be in the hospital for the rest of the week. The good thing about it is, I'm seeing a lot of family, including my brother and two sisters from the Carolinas. And nieces and nephews.

Hospital. It's such a dirty word. I've had my fill of hospitals for the rest of my life, I'm telling you. The next time I have a baby, I may just do it in my bathtub.

Comments

Popular Posts