Big Girl

Have I mentioned lately that my baby is no longer a baby, but a small person? It seems to strike me every day – the fact that the little teeny pink bundle is now a little girl. A disaster area of a girl, actually. That kid could make a mess at Mr. Clean’s house, I swear. Although she might be scared by his bald head. I’m constantly chasing after her, picking up the debris that she scatters as she runs past.

Yesterday I arrived home after work, feeling like crap from the cold that has implanted itself in my chest, and she followed Ryan out the door to greet me on the back porch. I had this weird moment where I felt like I was seeing her for the first time, and I was totally struck by how goddamn cute she is. I told her that “mommy feels like poop,” to which she responded by handing me her sippy cup of orange juice, saying, “drink juice... make you feel better.”

GAWD. The cuteness melts my heart.

IMG_0119.JPG

Comments

Popular Posts