Fitting in my jeans - the saga continues...

I've been feeling out of sorts lately, and I'm trying to get back in the groove of things again. I was feeling pretty comfortable with my size and shape there for a while - so I eased up on my diet. Suddenly all that hard work I did for months did a very quick back slide, and now my thighs are the consistency of rice pudding, and my mommy pooch looks more like my 74 year old dad's beer gut.

So... back on the wagon.

Dieting is hard. It's even harder when you just feel like life is flying past you. With 2 jobs and a toddler, it's tough to find time to exercise. I've been wanting to join a gym for a while now, but I don't think I'd ever go. When I get off work, I just want to get to where ever Lyric is and get home.

So I'm working on just eating healthier. My husband is the king of junk food - he'll eat just about anything if it's deep fried and battered. Sushi? No. Turkey dipped in boiling corn oil? Yes. Salad? No. Slices of potatoes saturated with chemicals and fried to a crisp? Yes.

So it's tough, especially when I don't have much time to prepare dinner. But I'm working on it. I'm hoping for a nice raise at work (it's coming - I just don't know when or how much) so that I can slow down a little on teaching - it's not that I don't like doing the online instruction thing, but I do need a break. I've felt like my entire days and evenings have been sucked up by nothing but work - and what I really want to do is spend some time with my daughter, reading, or playing, or doing something useful so that the TV will stop eating her brain.

And I want my jeans to fit better.

Want, want, want! I really gotta do do do.

Comments

Popular Posts