Dude, where's my blog?

Seriously, I'm really slacking lately. But I'm busy... insanely busy.


My kid burned her finger today... on a lightbulb, of all things. I thought maybe it just scared her (the heat) but I looked at her finger and there was a white hot little blister starting. So now she's playing in a bowl full of "eyecee walla," in her words. Poor kid.


So I've been shopping online, and I'm in lurve with this shirt (by wenifnotnow):
I'm really close to buying it, but the large sounds... small. And I'm a mom. Not a skinny mom. I still have the mark of the slightly overweight mommy - the mommy belly. There's no getting rid of it, no matter how much pilates I do... theres just this weird excess of skin that makes me look maybe 3 months pregnant all the time.
Funny story about looking and feeling frumpy... yesterday I was at an event where several of my work friends showed up. One of the guys in my department brought his fiance, who I've met on several occasions - nice girl, very cute, very young and charming. I haven't seen her in about 6 months, but when she was me she was all, "Erica! I love your hair! It's so cute! And I didn't know you got your nose pierced - I'm jealous! You look great! You look 10 years younger than the last time I saw you! Not that you looked old - but you look... hip!"
I was flattered, and at the same time, I wondered... did I really look like a frumpy mom before?
Yikes.

Comments

Popular Posts