Monday is the old blah

This weekend I’m faced with leaving my child for three entire nights to go to Tulsa for my job. Oklahoma. Not some place cool, like New York or LA, - TULSA.

In some ways I’m looking forward to going. I’m going with 2 of my coworkers, who are awesome people that I really like, so it will be fun to hang out with them outside of the confines of our office walls. Two of us are moms, so it will be nice to be away from the kids in some regards to kind of cut loose a bit. At the same time getting on a plane and flying away from my child scares me to death. I’ve left her before, once. I know this is going to be tough, because I race to get home every day so I can see her face and relax.

It’s crazy how your entire world can revolve around a little person.

I haven’t flown in 4 years, and I’m not really looking forward to that, either. Thinking about it right now is kind of making me sick – but not as sick as putting 1046.1 miles across 5 states between me and my child.

Ugh... excuse me while I dry heave.

To follow up on this great feeling, today I found out that my dad has to have surgery on what turned out to be an aneurysm in his brain. That could be what is helping out with all my anxiety.

It’s possible I need to up my meds.

On top of all of that, my husband has called me twice today to tell me how much he is hating his new job, which he used to do to me repeatedly when he was paving. Now he works in an office and sits all day. He told me last night that he had a dream he was paving again... so I told him that no matter what he does, he’s obviously not going to be happy.

He didn’t like that response.

I’m having a great Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts