Did you know...

I’m working two jobs right now. My day job, as a graphic designer extraordinairre, and my night job, teaching an online class as a graphic design instructor. Both keep me extremely busy... and that’s not even including my other full time jobs as mother, housekeeper, poop picker-upper, fish feeder, puppy wrangler, wife, and sex kitten. Ok, so I made up the sex kitten part. It’s just fun to say. Like, “yeah, you know, I’m a sex kitten. Meow.” But yeah, that’s not me. I’m more of a lazy old cat who likes to fall asleep in the sunny spot on the floor. That is, if I didn’t have so many jobs. But they’re jobs that I like, so it’s ok. Someone’s got to bring home the proverbial bacon. Mmm. Bacon.

My child started walking last Friday. Again, all it took was a post on my blog to seemingly make this happen. Look for my post tomorrow about how I never win the lottery. Anyway, I happened to look over and there she was, teetering along, cautiously taking a few steps. It made me so proud. I’m the mother of a toddler. She still prefers to crawl because it gets her where she wants to go faster, but as I tell her, practice makes perfect.

I’ve lived in my house for 7 months and I still haven’t gotten around to fixing up my kitchen, my bathroom, my office, or the bedrooms. The only place that has had any work done to it is the basement, where our bar now resides. Now I have more of an excuse to get drunk and not do things. Having a bar and a husband who is currently unemployed for the season is hazardous in some ways, mainly because you never know who’s going to be sleeping the in the guest room when you stumble down the stairs to take a shower in the morning. And because the guest room is next door to the bathroom, it’s good to check to see if anyone is there or else you’ll end up showering with the door open and someone will wake up to a suprise when they wake up and see you in there through the transparent shower curtain. Thankfully that’s never happened. But you can imagine if it did.

I’m back on my weight loss kick. Since I got pretty lazy over the last half of the year, I decided to kick my butt into gear and start eating healthy and doing pilates again. So far, it’s helping. I feel better, physically. I don’t care if I ever get skinny again, if I do, it’s a bonus. I just want to be healthy and somewhat in shape. I think that’s a good goal. I’m the kind of person who sets their goals too high and that makes me give up. So I’m starting small.

Next week Ryan starts working at the same company that I work at, which might seem strange, but he’ll be in another location doing a completely different job. He’s excited to get out of paving, which seriously, isn’t suprising. This job is different from any he’s ever done, and I really hope that he likes it, because it may be a shock to his system for a while. Although it’s got to beat standing on 300 degree asphalt on a 95 degree day in 90 percent humidity. And there’s no danger of being run over by a roller.

And that’s it. For now.

Comments

Popular Posts