One step closer

Did I mention that my friend Starr made sangria, and the other day when I was at her house, I finished it off? I've had the song "Santeria" in my head since, because of Ryan. I said, "hey Buddy, try this."

"What is it?"

"Sangria that Starr made."

"Is that like the Sublime song?"

"That's Santeria you jackass."

I haven't stopped craving it since. It is like crazy voodoo juice! What did you put in that shit, crack?

*pant*

Ok. Whew. It's only 7:00 AM. So our house inspection went FAMOUSLY. We were met by this little nerdy guy who looked like he should have been working on my computer. We have a teeny bit of termite damage, but that will be taken care of by the bank (the house is bank owned cause it was a repo). Eventually we'll have to replace the roof (like 5-10 years), we need new fixtures on the kitchen sink, and the furnace is short cycling, but other than that, we're golden. We have one more inspection to get through, this one is an FHA inspection, cause that's the kind of loan we're getting, and those are a little tougher. Whatever this guy says we have to fix, we have to go in and fix like NOW.

We met the neighbor across the alley, Anna, who seemed very nice. She has a husband and a 10 year old son, and a very nice swimming pool. They have fires and like to drink, so my initial though was that we'll fit in quite nicely. Then I told my mom her last name, and she was all, "OH MY GOD! That's my friend from work!" So Anna and my mom were buddies before my mom retired. Of course my mom got on the horn and called her right away.

Our house at one time had a pool, and Anna claims that one of the real estate people came and took it. Our agent claimed that the liner was ripped, so they removed it, but she says that there was nothing wrong with it. Jerks. Now we have to spend 300 bucks to put our own pool up (next summer). I figure why not, there' s already a nice sand ring that's leveled off in the yard. Ryan wants to put a garage there, but why do you need a garage when you could have a pool?

Tsch.

So yeah, we're a little closer to home ownership. I'm feeling good today, even though I have to drag my ass in to my pathetic little job this morning. But ain't no thing.

Comments

Popular Posts