The Number of the Beast

Sorry about the title, but for SOME reason that Iron Maiden song is running through my head today.

To add to the creepy factor, a HUGE squirrel jumped out of one of the big pine trees this morning and on to the roof of the back porch, which is right under the kitchen window. I was washing some dishes, and all I saw was something light colored flying though the air and then a thud.

Thankfully it was a squirrel, and not some sort of hell spawn. My heart was racing nonetheless.

Speaking of hell spawn, it's been a whole week since I posted a picture of my kid!



She really has been a devil for the past few days. I'm not sure what her problem is, but she screams when I put her down... incessantly. Yesterday, between her screaming and Ryan barking at me, I almost had a nervous breakdown. I had to retreat... into the backyard. I sat under a huge old tree and spent some time practicing Lamaze techniques. It took me a bit, but I emerged feeling a lot better. In fact, I felt a lot like my own mother. I understand her plight, because, ladies and gentlemen, I've married my father.

Don't we all.

Anyhoo, a lot has been on the line around these parts lately, but the rays of sunshine are breaking though. Our offer was accepted for our house, we were approved for our mortgage, and now all we've got to get through are some pretty rigorous home inspections. As long as those go ok, we're golden, and our closing will be July 7th.

Keeping my fingers crossed still.

Comments

Popular Posts