Time files when you're unemployed

My daughter will be four months old on Wednesday. I can't believe how fast she's growing. My little tiny baby is now a not so tiny baby. We take her to the doctor tomorrow for her check up and her second set of shots. I'm glad I'll be home. Last time her shots were miserable and I cried harder than she did. She was not a happy camper for a few days.

She's developing such a personality. She's sometimes the friendliest baby in the world, all smiles and babbling. Last weekend we went to a birthday party with other kids, and she did her best to make friends with the only baby girl there by smiling at her. Unfortunately the other girl, who was 13 months, wasn't as friendly and just ignored her. But she tried. She was all, "Hi, I'm Lyric, and you are?"

This weekend we had another birthday party and she just wasn't into it at all. Anytime anyone would try to look at her or talk to her, she'd turn her head and look away. And then with the screaming. She's teething now too, which sucks. She's absolutely miserable.

She still hasn't rolled over, which concerns me because I'm her mom and I want her to be a super genius, but you can't rush this baby. She won't have any part of it. I've been working with her, rolling her over from front to back and back to front, and sometimes she'll smile like she's having the time of her life, and other times she cries like I'm torturing her.

She talks like crazy too. I'm convinced she's a little shy, because she'll only talk to her dad and I. You can carry on a conversation with her and her endless babbling.

I can't wait just to take her outside. During the few times we've been outside for a moment, she can't open her eyes. It's like she's a little vampire baby, or like a baby with a terrible hangover. The sun is the brightest light she's been exposed to and she hates it.

I read over the weekend a horrible article that said exposing your baby to television too early can lead them to have ADD later in childhood. If that's the case, she's already ruined. If the tv is on, she's looking at it. It doesn't matter. And especially if it's Rachel Ray. This kid loves Rachel Ray. I think it's only because Lyric is like, "30 minute meals? Mine are instant and I don't need no stinking EVOO! Straight from the boobie, beeyotch!"

I spend a little too much time thinking of exactly what it is she's trying to say.


Update: Not even 10 minutes after posting this, Lyric rolled from her belly to her back while I wasn't looking. Snot!

Comments

Popular Posts