It's hard out here for a pimp

And THAT has been my theme song all week.

This morning I got an email from one of my work buddies who was off when all this job termination took place. There were three people working in my department, and 2 of us were let go. Unfortunately, the 2 of us who were let go were also female and moms, and the kid left working started after both of us, not to mention he lives with his parents... if I didn't like him I'd have a vendetta against him.

But he's been left with all of the work that 3 people used to do. Boy, is it going to suck for him there now. His only work friends got canned, and now he has to do their jobs on top of his. I'm glad I'm not him.

Like I said, I was prepared for this to happen, I just didn't know when it would take place. The man that owns that company likes to go on random firing sprees. Since I've worked there for the past year, I've witnessed at least 5 people get the axe. What tipped it off for me was last year, right after I found out that I was pregnant, a woman came back from maternity leave. She was the customer service manager. About a month or so into her being back, she got canned. So I figured the same thing would happen to me, and I was right. I think he just threw my other co-worker in there because he just flat out didn't like her. She always questioned him, and being as ADD as he is, it confused him endlessly. So he decided to keep the kid he can talk hockey with. Don't base it on experience or talent, or just plain knowledge or intelligence. Too bad I don't like hockey. I might still have a job. Just an observation.


Yesterday morning I woke up in a panic, thinking I was running late. Then I remembered, I don't ever have to go back to that miserable place. And I was so happy I slept for another hour.

Being home, I'm already throwing Ryan and Lyric's schedule off... yesterday Ryan missed his mid-morning nap and boy was he cranky. Lyric missed her mid-afternoon nap and then SHE was cranky. I'm in naptime central here. But it sure beats being a corporate lackey.

I have until the end of August to collect unemployment. That seems like forever. I need to find a job before then so that we can buy a house though.

I think things can only get better from here. I'm a believer in the "things happen for a reason" adage, and I know that things will work themselves out. For now I'm just going to enjoy my time with my baby, because at the rate she's growing, she's not going to be a baby for long.

Comments

Popular Posts