I NEEDED those 5 Coronas though...

There’s been a lot of shitty things going on lately, like…

All day Friday I was plagued by a horrible virus. My computer at work was infested. It was some sort of URL Highjacker, and it wasn’t fun. So I did nothing all day while 2 virus programs ran on my computer. We finally got rid of it. Since I have a mac at home I’ve never really had to deal with viruses much. Macs don’t really get viruses much. They have healthy immune systems or something.

My baby was up ALL night last night. I think she’s hitting her 3 month growth spurt. Until about 2:30, she screamed and cried and we swayed and rocked and walked until finally she passed out on my boob, probably out of sheer exhaustion. I felt terrible. When my alarm when off at 6:15, I was like, fuck this. I called work and told them I’d be in at noon.

My car didn’t pass inspection last week. Turns out the frame on the back half of the car is rusting out. It’s costing us 700 bucks to fix it. Bye bye paycheck. I hardly knew ye.

At any rate, I went out on Saturday and I have 5, yes count them, FIVE Coronas. In a row. Five Coronas in my belly equals one drunk E-Lo. I’ve had a few tiny buzzes since having a baby, but not a full on drunk. I don’t know how it happened but those fine Mexican beers were going down like lemonade on a hot sunny day, and before I knew it, it was 11:00 and I had drank well over my limit (3 beers in 3 hours being my limit). However, I was having so much fun that I forgot why I don’t drink much in the first place, until I felt the burning tingling sensation in my boobs of my milk letting down.

Whoops.

Before you berate me and tell me what a bad mommy I am, here’s what kellymom.com says about drinking and breastfeeding:

In general, if you are sober enough to drive, you are sober enough to breastfeed. Less than 2% of the alcohol consumed by the mother reaches her blood and milk. Alcohol peaks in mom's blood and milk approximately 1/2-1 hour after drinking (but there is considerable variation from person to person, depending upon how much food was eaten in the same time period, mom's body weight and percentage of body fat, etc.). Alcohol does not accumulate in breastmilk, but leaves the milk as it leaves the blood; so when your blood alcohol levels are back down, so are your milk alcohol levels. There is no need to pump & dump milk after drinking alcohol, other than for mom's comfort -- pumping & dumping does not speed the elimination of alcohol from the milk.

I quit drinking at probably 11:30. We left the bar at 12, stopped to get some food, then picked Lyric up from my mom and dad’s. By that time I was feeling sober, because I don’t know about you, but having to deal with a baby when you’re drunk is a real buzz kill.

I fed her at 1:30 and she was fine. Although I’ve learned my lesson, no more drinking too much when I’m the one that has to put her to sleep with my boob.But I’ve got to say to Greg and Starr that I had a FABULOUS time, and if I was a little crazy and annoying, I’m sorry. I don’t get out much.


More about the crappy going ons in my life tomorrow… as of right now my rays of sunshine are Lyric and Ryan. Thank goodness I have a sense of humor or I’d be severely depressed.

Weeeeeeeeeee!

Comments

Popular Posts