Sleepy Baby Awake Baby


lyricwithbib
Originally uploaded by Elosquirrel.

Anyone who ever said having a baby is easy is either highly medicated or never had a baby. The past week has been the hardest of my life. Ever. Giving birth was nothing compared to the unpredictability of having a newborn living at your house. It’s insane. I don’t know if I’m coming or going half the time.

Yesterday was my first day alone with Lyric. It was challenging. I felt like I couldn’t get anything done because I had a kid hanging off me. Plus, for 2 days she wanted to eat ALL THE TIME. My boobs can only take so much. The good thing about that is that when we went to the doctor yesterday we found out she now weighs a whopping 8 pounds, 1 ounce, which is incredible. Most babies lose weight during their first week of life. Not mine. She’s a champion eater. My boobs have never felt so important.

Sleep is another story. I dread the night. It’s when I get most depressed, because I never know what to expect. 2 nights ago she nursed ALL night. I got probably an hour of sleep total. But last night she slept from 1:30 to 4:30, which is a pretty good stretch. She refuses to sleep in her co-sleeper. She only sleeps in the bed with us. That makes me incredibly nervous. I’ve been trying to put her down for naps in the sleeper but the longest she’s made it is 20 minutes. I’d put her in her crib but for now that just seems so far away.

We’re alone again today and it’s been much easier. Adjusting to this is harder than I thought it would be. It’s a good thing she’s so cute, or I might have second thoughts about this whole motherhood thing.

Comments

Popular Posts