Settling In

People at work have resorted to saying “are you STILL here?” whenever they see me. It’s very disconcerting. It makes me feel like I shouldn’t still be here. And maybe I shouldn’t. But I’m seriously not in any hurry to give birth. For a while there I thought I was, but now I’m feeling like I could wait for another week or so. My due date isn’t until next Thursday. No rush. Really. And I don’t think Fuzz is in much of a hurry either. He/she is probably pretty comfy in there.

Ryan is done with all of his shows and practice and all that fun crap. He’s devoting all of his free time to me, which is nice, because I can boss him around. I literally don’t have to get up unless I have to go to the bathroom, which is really quite frequent, so typically I get up and do stuff for myself anyway. Last night he was like, “why don’t you just SIT?” and I realized that I couldn’t. I just can’t sit still for too long. I’ve never really been very good at relaxing, unless it’s bedtime.

At any rate we had what I consider to be a relaxing evening at home. We did our annual pumpkin carving for Halloween, roasted the seeds, and watched football. We were asleep before the game was over. I woke up around the time the news was on and found out that the Steelers won. I knew they couldn’t lose on Myron Cope night.

All in all yesterday was a pretty good day.

So now it’s just waiting, waiting, waiting. And waiting. And hoping that my water doesn’t break at work. And waiting.

Comments

Popular Posts