Busy Bee

I’m experiencing a new phenomenon that I haven’t felt since February, about my last week at Target. It’s called “being busy at work.” Our graphic designer recently left, and since the company I work for is teeny tiny, they didn’t bother to begin with interviews until today. Since I have a background in graphics, I’ve been spending my days making beautiful and illustrious images of file folders and custom indexing. Which really isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Now that I’m kind of in the swing of things, it’s actually nice to pass my time actually doing something. It’s better yet to feel like I’ve accomplished something at the end of the day. I got a nice pat on the back this morning for all my hard work in the past couple of days, so that was reassuring.

I have 7 more weeks of work left until my maternity leave starts, and I’m so looking forward to it. My last day is October 28th, and before you ask, my due date is November 10th. I know the chances of me actually delivering on my due date are slim, and as a first time mom I’ll probably be late, so having a couple weeks to myself will be nice.

Fuzzball is proving to be just as busy as I am today. Looking down at my belly, which is kind of propped up against my desk for lack of better space, I’m seeing and feeling lots of stuff going on in there. It’s probably hard to get comfortable in such a tiny space once you reach 15 or so inches and 3-4 pounds. Soon I know I won’t feel these crazy movements, because time is moving quickly and soon Fuzzball will be totally out of room to flop around, so I’ll continue to be amazed every single day at what’s going on in there. Because I know I’ll miss it once it’s gone.

Comments

Popular Posts