Hello darkness my old friend...

Is My Child Becoming Homosexual?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY??? Because you'd love your kid less if he or she was gay? So let's try to coax it out of them! Don't let them be homosexual! For the love of god! We're too bigoted and prejudiced and oh. my. god. What would the neighbors say if we had a GAY CHILD? Swoon.


*****************************************
Sorry. But that pisses me off. Just a bit.

My weekend, however, was great. I wish it didn't have to end. It was so laid back and relaxing. It was nice to not watch everyone drinking. Plus I got presents! I didn’t expect presents.

Janae and Chris are so fun, and since they quit drinking, nobody from Erie that they were friends with wants to hang out with them. Chris was in a horrible wreck back in May. He was drunk and hit a telephone pole. Luckily he had his seatbelt on, otherwise he probably would have done a face plant through the windshield and ended up in the cemetery that his truck skidded into as a permanent resident. So quitting drinking was pretty much the smartest thing he could have done. He was worried that we might not think he was as much fun as he used to be when he was all drunk, loud, and obnoxious. He’s still loud and obnoxious, and I mean that in the best way possible. He’s still the same guy, just sans alcohol. I’m glad he was able to make such a responsible decision, but I’m pissed that his friends don’t really support him in it. I was glad that Ryan had no problem not drinking and was supportive of him. And being that we’re kind of in the same boat, I had just as much fun with them as I normally do, probably even more, since there were no headaches involved.

2 years ago Janae and Chris and Ryan and I went to Cancun together. We were at an all inclusive resort which included a swim up bar and a little Mexican man that we nicknamed “El Diablo” since his job was to walk up to random people around the pool and pour tequila down their throats. He got Janae and I hammered and we spent the evening in my hotel room halfway between consciousness and hell, with our eyes half open watching the first Harry Potter movie on HBO. Sounds like a great way to spend your time in Mexico, doesn’t it? The next night we went on a bar crawl and the night ended with Chris projectile vomiting into a garbage can in an alleyway. The next day was rough, to say the least.

I can’t believe how much of the time that I spent with my friends in the past involved drinking. Not that there’s anything terribly wrong with that, but having a clear head can be so much better. Drinking can make everything sloppy and make your memories so fuzzy. Believe me, I have enough fuzzy memories to know that. And there’s the wonderful sensation of waking up before the crack of noon feeling like an actual human instead of road kill. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to drink like I used to, because after this long I have no idea how alcohol will affect me. That’s not to say I’m going completely straight and narrow. It just means that I finally know what it’s like to be a responsible adult and not only think about myself all the time. And that is a promising feeling.

Comments

Popular Posts