The 60’s are long gone, kids.

Even after my long weekend, I feel like I still need some sleep. But that could be because I was up way past my bedtime last night. We went to a free concert last night and saw Robert Randolph and the Family Band, which was good if you like that sort of thing. It was just a tad too hippie for me. Don’t get me wrong, I like my share of hippie type music, like the Grateful Dead, but seeing it live is so freaking boring that I want to claw my eyeballs out. The most entertaining this is watching hippies dance, because they have no rhythm whatsoever.

It was a nice relaxing time though, and the crowd was so weird. Because it was a free show there were tons of families there. Lots of babies and pregnant ladies too, so I didn’t feel all out of place like at Ozzfest. I even saw a handful of elderly people. Then there was the hippie crowd. You know, guys with tie dyes, cargo shorts and Birkenstocks, and girls with longish hair, long flowery skirts and crocheted bra tops. No offense if you dress like this, but hippies are honestly the worst dressed people on earth. We actually witnessed a girl wearing a giant skirt that was too big for her, so she slipped it off and she had pajama bottoms on underneath. Why? Did you look in a mirror before you left your house? It’s one thing to be low maintenance, but it’s another to just quit caring completely. Or to mistakenly think you look good when you look fucking ridiculous. Don’t even get me started on the smell.

I’m glad I’m just me.

And when you think about it, hippies today are just stupid. They’re not protesting anything. They’re not all about free love and peace. They’re about smoking as much pot as you can or any other drugs you can get your hands on and living life in a complete and total haze. I’m more of a hippie than they are. At least I’m sober enough to be politically aware.

I think I might be a little cranky today from the lack of sleep. If I remember tomorrow I’ll post a picture of my freshly cut and colored hair, including bangs.

And now a moment of silence for a broadcast giant.

Comments

Popular Posts