Only turtles don't have teeth...

You know how when you flip a turtle on it’s back and it struggles to flip itself back? That was me trying to get off my couch yesterday. I literally made 3 attempts to get up, and was thwarted. I know this is going to seem weird, but every day I realize that I’m closer to having a baby. And it’s really starting to freak me out. Sure, I’m excited about it, but I also feel like, “how the hell am I going to do this?” I also wonder how much more my body can stretch without exploding. I’ll be 24 weeks tomorrow. My mom gained 40 pounds when she was pregnant, and I know I’m well on my way to that.

I had to go get my tooth fixed this morning, and wow, did it suck. Not only did I have to pay $115 today, I had to pay $75 the other day for an exam. Then I found out I have yet another tooth that’s on the verge of imploding, which is going to cost me $150 to get fixed. I hate not having dental. The tooth that I got fixed was a problem for a while, and apparently, according to my dentist, had a lot of decay deep into it. So when he was drilling it, it felt like… how can I put this? Say you died, and went to hell, and Satan decided to torture you via your teeth. It hurts so effing bad. I don’t get it! I brush my teeth and floss daily! Why are my teeth crumbling? Gah!

Speaking of insurance, I found out that when I’m on my maternity leave, I have to pay the entire premium for my insurance out of my pocket, which is roughly $255 a month. And I won’t be working. And I’ll have a baby. I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to do that, plus pay for everything else that needs paid, especially since Ryan will get laid off in December. Just another thing to add to my list of stress.


On a brighter note, my boss bought everyone Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen. But I have to wait to eat mine until my mouth is no longer numb.

Comments

Popular Posts