Here's yet another post where I whine like a little bitch...

Ok, nerds. Who’s done with Harry Potter? Cause I’m not. I started reading it yesterday, and yes, don’t look at me like that, Saturday was busy with crib purchasing and room moving (we condensed our office and Ryan’s music room into one giant mess). Not to mention, I had only a few chapters left in the final Thursday Next book (they’re awesome, if you like Harry Potter you should read it). So I didn’t start HBP until yesterday morning and being the easily distracted mom to be I am, I only made it about 200 pages into it. But I’m loving it so far.

Last week I chipped a tooth on my Kellogg Smart Start cereral, which I swear has little chunks of cement in it. Not a big deal, it was a tooth that had a filling in it, so I wasn’t terribly worried. This morning that same damnable cereal (I know, I know, why did I do it again… I thought soaking it in milk for a few minutes would soften it) knocked that filling loose. So now I have to go to the mother fucking dentist this morning. I’d rather have 8 pap smears done in a row than get a filling. The last time I got a filling, I could feel everything. It wasn’t pleasant. Top that off with the fact that I no longer have dental insurance (one of the only perks of being a Target employee) and I’m one pissed off, tooth achy pregnant bitch.

It was a weird weekend. We didn’t do much of anything except for house stuff, which is exactly what I wanted to do. I’ve found though that a lack of social life makes the weekend go way too quick. We had lots of opportunities to do lots of things, but being E-Lo and Ryan, we didn’t. Saturday was crib shopping day, and we had lunch at the Cranberry Quaker Steak and Lube (not nearly as good as the original!). Ryan’s boss invited us to his house for a party and Ryan asked me if I wanted to go. I politely declined, but was actually thinking, “what, you expect me to hang out with those drunk people when I don’t have tickets to a concert?” No thanks. If I never have to hang out with them again, it would be too soon. Yesterday we did our best to clean what was left of the room moving fiasco mess, and I spent pretty much the whole day reading HBP, until we went grocery shopping. That was a treat. You’ve never done anything until you’ve grocery shopped with my cranky husband.

That’s right. Ryan was moody. He liked blaming it on me all weekend, but I was perfectly fine and happy to be out getting stuff done. At Babies R Us he hated the crib that I picked out and made us walk around for 20 minutes looking at all the other cribs until we finally bought the one I originally picked out. I think it’s nice. He got over that irritation and all was good. Yesterday we went grocery shopping and he kept asking, “do you want this, do you want that” until I was like, I really don’t care. If you want it get it. Then he starts mumbling about “fine, don’t get anything then.” I almost started crying in the middle of Sam’s Club. Why do I have to make all the decisions ALL the time? I don’t want that responsibility. I’m already doing everything for this kid, buying clothes and reading books and talking to him/her and he practically acts like there’s nothing in there. Is he going to continue to ignore the baby after it’s born? It makes me crazy and I actually thought about punching him in the mouth yesterday. I just thought about how good it would feel to just haul off and give him a good one. I could feel the teeth and blood and saliva on my knuckles I wanted to do it so FUCKING bad. It was like pulling teeth just to get him to go buy this crib. “What’s your hurry, you’re not due until November.” Yeah, well, my mom gave me money NOW, so I want to buy it before we blow it on something stupid. “We’re getting a mattress today too? You didn’t tell me that.” Did you expect our baby to sleep on springs, or did you want to make another trip down here? “Do you want pork chops?” I HATE PORK CHOPS, how long have you known me?

Needless to say, we didn’t get along very well this weekend, which is the exact opposite of what I was hoping for. I was hoping that a weekend alone with just the 2 of us would be nice and relaxing and that we could reconnect like married people need to do every once in a while, but it didn’t happen. Oh well. We’re getting along fine today, but we’re both at work. Funny, huh?

Saturday is Ozzfest. I’m wondering how I’m going to fare at this shindig. It’s supposed to be 86 degrees and sunny, and if this humidity keeps up, I’m going to be one swollen E-Lo. Not to mention the fact that it’s an all day concert. In a place that charges you 10 bucks for a beer and a stale soft pretzel. Am I going to be able to survive? It will be interesting to say the least. A whole day with hundreds of metal heads. My husband will be in heaven, I might just be in hell.

Yay for Mondays.

Comments

Popular Posts