Supersize Me... Blogoversary

Is it just me, or did this week fly by? I’m amazed at how fast it went. I’m even more amazed that I’m 20 weeks into my pregnancy, which means I’m exactly halfway there. This has been the quickest 20 weeks of my life. Not that I’ve ever timed anything by 20 weeks before. I can’t believe how different my life is now and how much I’ve gone through, emotionally and physically. I’ve been really lucky compared to most pregnant women, considering Ryan has thrown up more in the past few months than I have. In fact, I haven’t thrown up in years. I’m just not much of a vomiter. Or a vomiteer. Whatever.

The more time passes, the more excited I become to be a mother. I asked Ryan last night if he could see me as a mom, and he said yes, which surprised the hell out of me. I said, “why? I’m not even good with kids!” and he said, “because you already ARE a mother. You’re doing it, now.” Oh yeah… I guess I kind of am. But it’s different. It’s much easier to control your kid when it’s inside your body.

I can’t stop eating. My kid must be going through a massive growth spurt. You know how you can give a dog food and it will just keep eating and eating until you take it away? That’s how I am right now. Except there’s no one to take away my food. On Tuesday I ate SEVEN pieces of pizza before I even left work. Then I ate cheesecake AND ice cream later that SAME DAY. My stomach has grown out by at least an inch in the past 5 days. I have to get another picture of it up.

Yesterday I walked and ate a salad for lunch… I wasn’t that bad. It’s just so hard for me to eat healthy, which is what I know I should be doing. But healthy just sounds so… I don’t know… gross?

Guess what tomorrow is??? My one year blogoversary! To celebrate I’m hoping to launch a beautifully redesigned Squirrel Stories. Designed by yours truly, of course. I’ve done a lot of web pages in my day, but nothing quite as html intense as designing a blog template. I’m not quite as savvy in that area as I’d like to be. Hopefully I’ll get the kinks worked out today and get it up and running, but who knows?

It’s going to be a HOT weekend. Today it’s supposed to reach 90, tomorrow 94. Looks like I’ll be walking around with puffy hands and ankles for the weekend.

Does anyone have a pool? Can I come over?

Comments

Popular Posts