And now is the time when we dance

Ok, kiddies, a little break from baby madness today. Just some little tidbits that are amusing me today:

I love Butler County (note the sarcasm)
Ryan called me this morning at 5:45 to tell me that he just got passed on the highway by a blue Dodge truck. Uh, so what, Buddy? “Well, I just wanted to tell you that this truck had an Army sticker on the back window, and right next to it a sticker that says, 'war IS the answer.'” OH! Well, don’t I feel stupid. All this time I’ve been protesting the war, and now I come to find out… it is the answer! Duh! Yeah…must be a real winner driving that pick up truck.

Wrap yourself in a rainbow flag and blow kisses!
The gay world is coming a long way, just not in America. Yesterday Canada passed legislation to legalize gay marriage, a law that will more than likely go into effect toward the end of summer. And Spain passed their gay marriage law as well. If these countries can get it, why can’t the good old U S of A? For a country that promotes “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” we sure aren’t promoting liberty and happiness for everyone. It should read “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness… unless you happen to be gay, then you can go live in Canada, Spain, Belguim, or the Netherlands.” A friend of mine once asked me, “well, killing people sometimes makes people happy, so do you want to legalize that?” And again, I say, OH! That makes perfect sense! I never thought of comparing murder to monogamous love! Well, shit my pants and call me Charlie.

I can’t believe I saw this:
A huge belt buckle that said “Praise the Lord.” Worn by a co-worker. It was so fashion faux pas that I was speechless. But I couldn’t stop staring… until I realized I was staring at a man’s waist, which could easily be mistaken for checking out his package… and I SOOOOO wasn’t doing that. Gag. Of course, maybe it is cool and I’m just a total dork. It’s cool to want to praise the Lord, but to tell people about it through your belt buckle? I’m not so sure. I apologize to anyone who might have a similar belt buckle. I don't know what I'm talking about. I wear maternity clothes.

And some other things that make me laugh, if you have time to sit and read like I do:
10 Worst Album Covers of All Time
And
10 More Really Sucky Album Covers

Now laugh. Laugh, damn you!

And if you're a fan of television... when did your favorite show jump the shark?

Good stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts