Save the Last Dance...

Tomorrow is my last day of work. How exciting. I know that it’s time to get out of retail when sweet little old ladies who call and ask me the price of every single vitamin that we have in stock make me want to murder someone.

Here’s a good one. An old lady called me a last week and asked me if we had a DVD that she saw advertised on television (and no, it wasn’t "3," thank god, even though we do have it in stock now). She said, "it’s a man singing. The song is "Save the Last Dance for Me." So I of course asked who the artist was. "I don’t know his name. I only know the song. But it said it was available at Target." I hate that phrase. If there is one thing I’m happy that I’ll never have to hear again, it’s "but it said it was available at Target." (That and "do you work here?" I get that all the time. No, I’m wearing red and khaki because I think it’s a good color combination. Oh, and this name badge? Oh, they just gave it to me because I love to shop here. I’m praying that someone will ask me that tomorrow, because I’m going to tell them "yes, but in a few hours ask me again." )

But anyway, back to the old lady. Since I didn’t have much to go on, I just went and looked at our music DVDs. Ok, Aerosmith, no… Pearl Jam, no… Metallica, no… No Doubt, no… Blink 182…. I’m thinking that I’m out of luck. I’m just about to tell her so when I spy Harry Connick Jr. I grab it, and what do you know? The very first song is Save the Last Dance for Me. So I tell her that I think I have it and who it is. She says she’ll send someone in to pick it up. A few hours later, another woman comes in and buys it for her.

The next night, I’m at home watching tv, and a man singing this song comes on during a commercial. Then it says, "available at Target, February 8th." His name is Michael Buble. Whoops. I haven’t heard back from the woman yet, but being that his DVD wasn’t released until Tuesday, what can she expect? At least I tried. And that’s all I can do. It’s still kind of funny though. I hope she’s developed a liking for Harry Connick Jr.

What the hell am I going to bitch about once I’m an ex-Target employee???

Comments

Popular Posts