and the Oscar goes to... the seizure guy!

I’m mentally preparing myself for the 4 to 8 inches of snow we’re supposed to get before the end of the day today. So far it’s only raining, but that makes for an icy mess when it starts to actually snow. Since I have to drive 40 miles round trip to get to my new job, the weather has become a much greater concern in the past few weeks. Especially since I drive a little beater car with bald tires. Maybe in a few weeks I’ll be able to afford new tires, but probably by then it will be 70 degrees and sunny.

Did anyone else feel totally annoyed by the Ocsars? I don’t know why I bother watching award shows. If they’re not strewn with sexed-up teenybopper crap, they’re full of pretentious assholes who know they’re better than anyone else and can’t help showing it. Hey, that’s my job, ok? But seriously, if I would have had to seen Beyonce sing one more time I would have strangled someone. It was really silly of me to watch it, considering I haven’t seen any of the movies nominated for the big categories, besides Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I have no intention of ever seeing Million Dollar Baby. I know how it ends, and it’s a real downer. Unless I sink into a deep depression, I’ll probably never see it. Some people told me that Ray was really good, but the people I trust with movies (Greg and Starr) said it was so terrible that they couldn’t even watch the whole thing. I do want to see the Aviator and Hotel Rwanda when they come out on DVD, but I really want to see Finding Neverland.

What an incredibly boring and uneventful weekend. The only thing we did was go to a funeral. It was probably the strangest funeral I’ve ever been to. Not only was the place so packed you couldn’t move, the brother of the kid who died had a seizure on the front porch of the funeral home. I’ve never seen so much drama all at once. He got carted off by an ambulance. It gave everyone a good scare, but he’s fine. And there was a Baptist minister that did the sermon, and he kept talking about Hell and Satan, which I thought was completely inappropriate, considering that the kid that died wasn’t exactly a saint. While the sermon was going on, people were letting their children do whatever they wanted, which was just disrespectful and rude. So I left there feeling emotionally drained and very irritated, and when we finally got home I slept on the couch for 3 hours.

The snow has begun. Wish me luck on my drive for the next couple of days. Sorry I sound so blah for a Monday. Here’s a stupid joke to make up for it.

One day George W. Bush and Dick Cheney walk into a diner. A waitress walks up to them and asks if she can take their order. Bush leans close to her and says, "Honey, can I have a quickie?" The waitress is appalled and yells at the President about women's rights and storms away. Cheney then says to Bush, "George, its pronounced 'quiche'."

Comments

Popular Posts