Stick your raincheck where the sun don't shine. Thank you.


If I come through this holiday season with my brain intact, it will be a miracle. There are 24 more days until Christmas, and believe me, I’m not counting down because I can’t wait to open my presents. I want this month to be over in the worst way. If I hear the phrase, "can I have a raincheck," one more time, my head will explode. Rainchecks are the worst invention ever. Because once I give a raincheck to someone, they are going to call me every single day until their item comes in. And every single time they’ll ask, "do you have any idea when it will come in?" and I’ll say, "no, I have no clue." And they’ll call again and again and again until I’m ready to commit myself to the mental institution.

Enough about my day job. My newest piece of news is that I’m officially a free lance web designer. My sister is paying me to completely re-do her old web site (which is linked over there on my sidebar). It won't be up and running until early next year, but hopefully it will be cool. It’s been a while since I’ve created a web site, so it’s kind of fun and frustrating at the same time. Especially since last night as I was working on it my power went out. Talk about bad timing. Luckily I hadn’t done much but create the template. So this should prove to be a new and interesting experience for me. Actually getting paid to do something that I learned in school. College didn’t prepare me for the mental stress of giving out 500 rainchecks a day, but I can make a killer web page. At least that's what I think.

Comments

Popular Posts