9 Days and Counting


Tuesday is new release day. And since my department works in conjunction with the entertainment department, I get a lot of questions about what movies, books, and music we have. So this past Tuesday a woman came up to my counter and asked me, "Do you have the movie Three?" "Three?" I asked, puzzled. "I’ve never heard of it, but let me look at our listing." So I checked our dvd list and couldn’t find it. "Hmm, I don’t have it listed…" The lady then got this totally exasperated look on her face and rolled her eyes and said, "You don’t have it? It’s the new Dale Earnheardt movie!" Her tone told me, "Duh, you should know this!" And I wanted to say, Seriously? They made a NASCAR movie? About a guy who died while racing? And you want to buy it? Okaaaayyy…

Yeah, I’m not a NASCAR fan. I’d rather watch football any day over cars going in a circle. The people that are fans amaze me. Most of them are not just fans, they’re fanatics. With those jackets, and their number decals on their mini-vans… I just don’t get it. And I’ve heard the argument about how physically taxing it is to drive those cars, and how in shape the drivers are, and the stress of driving really fast in a circle. But that doesn’t make it any more interesting for me. So this woman’s attitude with me about NOT knowing about this movie mystified me. God forbid. Excuse me.

My cold is still hanging on, but I’ve gone from dry hack to productive hack. I’m sure you wanted to know that. I coughed so much at work yesterday that my eyes were watering and my nose was red, and I was just a mess. At that point one of my managers came up and asked me if I needed to go home. For the most part I was fine. I stuck around and tried not to cough on my customers too much. I just get these little coughing fits every once in a while. I’m taking cold medicine that makes me feel like I’m floating, which is fun, so everything is a-ok.

Comments

Popular Posts