It Ain’t Easy Bein’ Evil


With all the crap going on in the world in the past week, I haven’t had time to talk about my Halloween. It was a good night to go out and blow off some steam. Hmm, I might need another one of those soon.

As you can see, I was the devil. Not to be confused with El Presidente. My husband dressed up as some sort of cooter redneck.

Here we are. The pictures don’t look all that fantastic because they’re scanned Polaroids. Why the fuck do Polaroids turn green when you scan them? Somebody enlighten me. Does it have something to do with the emulsion?

Anyhoo, we got dressed up and went out to a bar that we would otherwise avoid, since it’s mostly filled with meatheads and slutty drunk girls. But on Halloween you have to be a little out of the ordinary, so there you go. And there’s a lot to be said for being drunk and slutty on Halloween, so I went with the flow. We met up with our friends Greg (white belt karate kid) and Starr (80’s girl). I’m sure they’d love to have their picture here, so here they are.

After Starr bought me a shot of Jager, I was ready to boogie my evil ass off.

Hell yeah. I’m shakin’ it like a Polaroid picture in that Polaroid picture. We danced until we were nice and sweaty. Didn’t think the devil could sweat, did ya? At one point I actually kicked off my platform sandals so I wouldn’t break anything.

Greg was feeling frisky in this one (I bet he loves seeing this). But Starr was even friskier, Greg. Hate to burst your kung fu bubble.
All in all, it was a good fucking time. We got shitty, we danced, and everybody was happy. The world was a beautiful place. And there was a lady dressed as a cave woman, complete with fucked up teeth, armpit hair, a bone, and a club, who danced as if she really were from the stone age. She never broke character. You can’t beat that with a stick (you just need a bigger club than hers). Man, now that I think about it, we should have requested "Walk the Dinosaur" just for her. That would have been great.

Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. Everybody needs a break one day a year from being themselves. Although I didn’t get to employ my purple feather boa in any way. I need better costume planning for next year. I better start on that now.


Here’s a great article about defining American values.

Comments

Popular Posts