I Survived

I know I promised the chicken story, but I have to talk about Black Friday for a second.

It went well, actually. I didn’t even lose my temper. Almost, once. We ran out of almost everything and gave out probably a thousand rainchecks. And I was bouncing off the walls.

When the doors opened at 6 a.m., I was manning the electronics department, which of course, besides toys, is the biggest department in terms of sales during the holiday season. I looked toward the entrance and actually saw a mob running towards me. RUNNING. I almost crapped. There were so many people that I think I forgot how to breathe for about 2 hours. It was all "Do you have Playstation 2?" (Nope) and "Can I have a raincheck for the under the counter CD player?" (Ok!) All day.

My store is not usually extremely busy. But today we made probably 5 times what we normally make, possibly more. I know when I left at 2:00 our sales were triple what a normal day is. It was crazy and almost kind of fun. Plus we had a catered lunch, which was fantastic. But I was out the door once it was my time to leave.

Must drink beer and put up Christmas tree now….

Comments

Popular Posts