Nice Hair, Wanna be Vice President?


Ack. I’m still trying to sort through last night’s debate. I’d call it cringe worthy at best. There were so many moments that I just wanted to grab John Edwards by the hand and say, "why are you doing this?" Although the polls haven’t declared a definite victor, I’m still thinking that Cheney came out smelling like roses, and Edwards came out looking like he got schooled. And I don’t like it. But it’s hard work, and we have to be strong, and resolute, and make no doubt about it, we will prevail. Gag.

Bush is quoted as saying, "America saw two very different versions of our country and two different hairdos. I didn't pick my vice presidential candidate for his hairdo, I picked him for his judgment, his experience." Well, that’s good to know. What?

The big issue for me was Cheney calling Edwards out about his Senate voting record, saying Edwards has "one of the worst attendance records in the United States Senate." After a little digging, I found this interesting tidbit from Democratic Underground :

In truth, Edwards has an 84.8% voting record in the Senate. In each of his first four years, he had a perfect or near perfect record:
1999 Cast 371 out of 274 votes for a 99.2% voting record
2000 Cast 298 out of 298 votes for a 100% voting record
2001 Cast 377 out of 380 votes for a 99.2% voting record
2002 Cast 253 out of 253 votes for a 100% voting record
2003 Cast 281 out of 459 votes for a 61.2% voting record
2004 Cast 84 out of 198 votes for a 42.4% voting record
OVERALL Edwards has cast 1664 out of 1962 votes for a 84.8% voting record.

There’s a lot more enlightening facts there, so if you’re interested, check it out.

On a random side note, the last couple days driving home from work I’ve seen one of the most beautiful construction workers ever. I’m not one to ogle random guys, but this man is hot, with big muscley arms covered with tattoos. Yummy. It’s funny to me because my husband is a construction worker too. I wonder if women drive by and check him out as he’s laying asphalt. I would. Aww. Gag again.

Comments

Popular Posts