Reason 857 I'm afraid to ever have children...

Yesterday at work I was on my break and making some HBA purchases, and a woman was on her cell phone having a very business-like chat with someone. Meanwhile, her child starts screaming bloody murder: "I WANT IT! MOMMY! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I WANT IT!" This went on for the length of the conversation, about 2 minutes. Every 10 seconds, the woman would say, "Ashley, wait just a second... I'm sorry, what did you say?" "AHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT IT!" You get the gist. I was in the next aisle over, and curiosity took its toll. I had to see this kid. Of course she was an angelic looking blonde little girl, who would have been cute if she hadn't been possessed by Satan. She was trying to pull the cell phone from the woman’s hand. She continued in her business-like proper chat as her child screamed and grabbed at the phone. After she finally hung up, she shouted "THAT IS ENOUGH!" and I smiled and chuckled as I walked towards the register. An older lady walked up beside me and whispered "I should think so." Which make me laugh again. She looked at me and said, "I bet your mom would have beat your butt if you acted like that." I said, "You got that right!" She sighed. "Parents can't do that these days."

I'd never have the kind of patience that woman had.

I almost called off today, cause I'm ill. I managed seven hours though. I went in an hour late. It could be that my immune system is breaking down from lack of time off. Today was the eighth day in a row that I worked. Pity party for me on the count of three... one, two, three....fuck off. I'm off tomorrow. Happy day.

A lesson learned today. Low carb ice cream= good. Low carb pasta= bad. It's like eating rubber. Yuck.

Comments

Popular Posts