Overly Emotional

You know those saps that are easily moved to tears? I am one of them. When I say easily, I mean easily. I think I get it from my dad, who these days cries over everything. My mother told me he was bawling over Reagan’s funeral, the whole big show that they put on, even though he hated him as a president. Anyway, I digress. I see long distance phone commercials, I tear up. I hear a certain song, I tear up. I go to musicals, I tear up. I bawled at the Lion King in Toronto. The spectacle astounded me. Are you getting the picture? I’m a pretty happy-go-lucky type, I’m really not a psycho. I guess I just feel things very deeply. I don’t know. I’m a screwball.

But anyway, as I’ve mentioned, I’ve been watching the DNC all week. Al Sharpton made me cry. John Edward, his wife, and his daughter made me cry. I’m getting out the tissues in preparation for Kerry, who I’m sure will also MAKE ME CRY. I cannot explain this phenomenon. I try to hide it. It’s silly. I don’t even know what makes it happen. I just get overwhelmed. Emotion builds up. Even when it’s happy. It’s so stupid, that it makes me laugh. Then I cry. Then I laugh.

I love all of these artists that are performing at the DNC. Mellencamp, the Black Eyed Peas, and I just saw Willie Nelson (LOVE HIM). Carole King is on right now. It’s such a neat idea to combine politics with musical acts. Who da thunk it?

I saw something neat today, Wal-Mart in crisis mode. I used to work at Wal-Mart in my college days, and I hate shopping at there, so I usually avoid it at all costs, but I had to get an oil change, so I went. As I was walking around, I noticed hordes of Wal-Mart employees covering up coolers and roping off the freezer section. They lost power in that half of the store. It was amazing, and extremely inconvenient for me, because I wanted to get some low carb ice cream, and I couldn’t get down the aisle to get it. I remembered from my dark days as a Wal-Mart employee that there is an actual emergency team that will come to the store once the power is out for so long to save the perishable food. They bring cooler trucks and vats of ice. Save our perishables! It gives me a visual of people in Haz-Mat suits grabbing steaks and stuffing them in ice chests.

Aaah, another day, another rambling post.

Comments

Popular Posts